ATTENTION! WE’RE ACCEPTING PITCHES FOR FIVE DOLLAR COMEDY WEEK 2019 – NOW THROUGH SUNDAY, JUNE 30TH AT 11:59 PM!
Five years ago, Kate Banford and Aaron Nevins started Five Dollar Comedy Week, a fully independent comedy festival of 30 brand new shows. That festival and those shows grew into what is now Good Good Comedy Theatre – Philly’s home for amazing, odd and completely unique alt comedy from all over the world, all year long.
We’re happy to announce that Five Dollar Comedy Week will RETURN November 10th – 16th, 2019 at Good Good (215 N. 11th St. in Chinatown) for its 7th installment! As always, pitches are open to EVERYONE. We’re looking for ideas that are experimental and fun. No idea is too simple or too complicated.
THE ONLY RULES
– No pitches that are strictly stand-up, improv or sketch. (These can be incorporated as elements, but even that isn’t required.)
– It should be an original show that has never been performed anywhere else before.
Otherwise, there are no limitations on what you can pitch. Get lost in your weird-ass brain!
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- FULL SHOW PITCHES – 45 to 60 minutes in length. This can be anything!
- WORKSHOP PITCHES – Typically interactive faux-workshops and seminars that take place during the day (past examples: Donut Tasting, Cold Yoga, Anger Encouragement)
- SECRET SHOW PITCHES – unannounced, extra-experimental shows (20 to 45 minutes in length)
NOTE: Please feel free to consult this comprehensive list of all the shows and workshops accepted into previous Five Dollar Comedy Weeks. This should give you an idea of the types of concepts that have been accepted in the past, and also help to avoid repeat concepts!
Pitches should be 2-4 sentences (please no longer than 4 sentences) explaining what the show would be and include a description and tentative title. You can send as many pitches as you want, individually or grouped together. Send all pitches to email@example.com with the subject line “FDCW Pitch.”
The deadline for pitches is Sunday, June 30th at 11:59 PM. PITCH AS MUCH AS YOU WANT UNTIL THEN. Spread the word!
We will be selecting our lineup and notifying showrunners via email in early July.
NOTE: If we haven’t seen your work before, we highly encourage you to include a link to previous work and/or a bio along with your pitch.